Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cab Calloway - Reefer Man High Quality

Here's a gem. Cab Calloway singing Reefer Man.

It's no secret that I have a thing for really good bass players..they just seem to catch my attention and hold onto my heart :)

I wish I knew who this bass player was, his palm slap style is crazy and has me swooning! On the second time around, I couldn't take my eyes off the trumpet player in the back with his antics and his gold hat. Not to mention how much fun these boys seem to be having..sure looks like Calloway runs a tight ship. Enjoy- and by the way, I've added this tune to my set list. Now if only i can figure out a way to perform with Dave Videl on guitar again. That was a pleasant surprise last saturday at the Heritage, I wasn't expecting Jack to ask me to sing. Dave's the best guitar player I've played with yet, and now I know exactly what guitar sound I want.

LANALOU'S Fri March 18th is our next show. Details to be released soon, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment