Friday, June 29, 2012

BRAIN ON FIRE




My brain is through the roof.. I have have so much in my head and quite a bit more to add to it. I'm looking forward to all my upcoming gigs.. the dirty swing band is a tight ship. I'm digging the challenge of building a solo act as well. I can confidently pull off one set.. two sets is a little more work.. I bet all the old veterans would laugh at me right now, cause they all know what it's like to sit up there and keep the crowd entertained and the music flowing for hours on end.. i'm pretty new at performing solo.. unless you count busking on Granville and Seymour for french fries and  green hair dye back in the early 90's. (i will always maintain that i made good money busking!)


SUMMER SCHEDULE with the DIRTY SWING BAND

July 7th The Heritage Grill (my birthday)
July 9th Music on the Wharf
July 21st Kingfishers Grill
August 3rd The Cellar Jazz Club
August 24th The Fairview


and a bunch of solo acts in between .. particularily happy to do a solo act with the Downtown Maple Ridge noon hour concert series.. just me and my guitar and the folks of 224th st at Memorial Park :)


a couple of interesting projects coming up at the Railway Club and a live radio broadcast.. I'll keep you posted..


and The Hardrock Miner's Singalong this Mon. July 2nd.. but that's a whole new blog ....

No comments:

Post a Comment