Saturday, May 14, 2011

WHAT A JOURNEY

I feel like the luckiest gal in the world and I'm savouring every moment. As quickly as life's joys are handed out, so are challenges. Its been a whirlwind of a week. Billy McBeth has been staying with me for the past 9 days, and we've been extremely productive. Not only have we recorded a 9 song demo album, performed live with some of Vancouver's greatest players, and shared laughs over a few bottles of red wine but we managed to pump out a fantastic funky groove tune. Billy took the raw track to his old pal Brian Newcomb, bass player extrodinaire, and got the smoothest growliest bass track I've ever heard. Then Billy put down some guitar and drums, and finally we added the vocals. It went so fast, as we were carried away in a flurry of creative fury. Can't wait to hear the final mix, It's such a departure from what I'm used to singing. Such a pleasure writing and working with Mr. McBeth. 


Our performance last night was stellar. Dave Vidal (my fav guitar player in town) dropped by and showed his chops with class and style - what a treat - Ray Ayotte sat in on drums for a couple of tunes, and overall, the connection between my core guys was amazing. Wayne Evans (bass) and Billy have been playing together for almost 50 years! Steve Ranta (keys)fit right in and man, I was honoured to be singing with such competent professionals. The boys are all so good to me....THANKYOU 


to hear our newest recordings,
please visit 


www.reverbnation.com/wendybiscuit


thanks and take care!
wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment